First Capenergies business summit in Corsica proves successful
On Monday 23 October 2017, the first-ever Capenergies energy and industry business summit in Corsica, “I primi scontri di l’energia è di l’industria”, was held at the Ajaccio Convention Centre. It was organised by Capenergies in partnership with the Corsican Economic Development Agency (ADEC) – a founding member of the competitive cluster – and was backed by both the Ecole d’Ingénieurs Paolitech and the Corsican Regional Directorate for Enterprises, Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs, Labour and Employment (DIRECCTE). During this event, a total of 70 business meetings took place between leading Corsican energy and industry stakeholders.
The purpose of this day was to give Corsican businesses the opportunity to promote their products, services and solutions to major decision-makers, investors, technological platforms, training organisations and research units in order to identify:
- New partners for their innovative collaborative projects,
- Solutions for financing their development.
The chairman of ADEC and vice-chairman of the competitive cluster, Jean-Christophe Angelini (see photo above), hailed the quality of the organisation and thanked all the participants; he praised Corsica’s ability to bring operators and territories together under the same roof since some companies had travelled from the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region. As Jean Christophe Angelini mentioned in his opening remarks, he intends to make this event a permanent feature of the landscape, with a summit being held every year.
In the afternoon, companies were given the opportunity to hold frank discussions and targeted meetings with around twenty stakeholders from the energy community and industry. Participants were also able to meet with the Capenergies team and benefit from an analysis and qualification of their needs. This gave them the opportunity to see whether the cluster offered the support services corresponding to their needs.
In light of the success of this inaugural summit, other events are already being planned. This will give it the permanence needed to make it a key annual professional event not to be missed by entire energy sector, while encouraging the attendance of other industrial sectors to diversify and create synergy between the different sectors.
Stakeholders in attendance:
- EDF – Island Energy Systems /li>
- EDF – Island Power Generation
- Corsican Office of Hydraulic Equipment
- AKUO Energy
- Banque Publique d’Investissement
- Banque Populaire Provençale et Corse
- University of Corsica Pasquale Paoli
- École d’Ingénieurs Paolitech
- CEA Tech
- CAPEB (French workers’ and small businesses’ organisation)
- ADEC (Corsican Economic Development Agency)
- Corse Active pour l’Initiative (regional financial tool)
- Agence d’Urbanisme et d’Environnement (Agency for Town Planning and the Environment)
- INIZIA incubator
- Caisse de développement Economique de la Corse (Corsican Economic Development Fund)