Capenergies in Corsica
On the energy front, Corsica is classed as a region not connected to France’s mainland grid. In view of this specific status, the government has given the Corsican authorities (CTC) specific powers over energy policy, with a remit to focus on the deployment of renewables and energy efficiency.
Capenergies’ Corsican Regional Delegation is therefore looking to strengthen the coordination of its member network, with a view to boosting businesses and fostering the emergence of innovative, collaborative projects.
Business support missions in Corsica
- Regularly monitoring accredited projects to keep the support process on track and bring innovation to fruition.
- Strengthening communication campaigns to showcase the cluster’s work and services and to present ADEC’s support and funding mechanisms.
- Determining needs and requirements and identifying and uncovering innovative new projects by conducting an analysis of businesses in partnership with the Corsican Technology Development Network.
- Organising experience-sharing workshops to give businesses an opportunity to build on best practice and share island expertise.
- Delivering training on specific themes related to the concerns of businesses within the Corsican cluster and local authorities.
- Carrying out group actions to drive innovation projects within sectors.
The cluster’s action plan for Corsica also focuses on providing ongoing support and assistance for major projects such as the experimental MYRTE platform in Vignola.
Back in 2005, the Corsican Assembly approved a new joint PACA-Corsica project through the Capenergies competitiveness cluster. The Regional Delegation falls under the authority of the Corsican Economic Development Agency (ADEC), one of the founding members of the cluster.
On the island, the cluster is overseen by a Governing Board, chaired by the President of ADEC and Vice-President of Capenergies and comprising a range of institutional partners (chambers of commerce and industry, government, etc.) and representatives of the cluster in Corsica (businesses, University of Corsica, ENSAM, AFPA, etc.). In carrying out its tasks, the Regional Delegation is able to call on the Corsican authority’s departments, offices and agencies for support, particularly in analysing cluster projects relating specifically to Corsica.
Services provided by Capenergies’ Corsican Regional Delegation
If you are a business located in Corsica, you can access our services:
- Accreditation procedure for innovative projects in Corsica
- Project funding
- Industrial development of your innovations
- Business growth support
- Communication and promotion campaigns
- Support from a consultant to help you draw up your growth plan