Speeding up the MED SMEs’ uptaking of eco-innovative solutions in energy and water management
Capenergies supports tourist accommodation to be more efficient in their water and energy consumptions thanks to the GREENinMED project, funded by the European programme ENI-CBC MED. Through this action, Capenergies also wishes to contribute to provide a new impetus to the tourism sector in the Region South of France and Corsica in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis.
This European programme supports cooperation projects between Mediterranean countries in order to promote the development of SMEs, technology transfer, innovation, environmental sustainability, social inclusion and the fight against poverty. The GREENinMED project relies on a budget of €1.58 million, 90% co-financed by the EU (€1.42 million). The project is led by the Spanish Chamber of Commerce and Industry and includes the following 4 other Mediterranean partners:
- Capenergies competitiveness cluster for its network of companies providing innovative energy solutions;
- the Israeli research centers Kinneret College and the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies;
- the Israeli Water Association.
To achieve its objectives, GREENinMED envisages various support mechanisms for tourist accommodations (hotels, campsites, resorts, etc.) and SMEs proposing innovative solutions for energy and water management:
- A cross-border eco-innovation window, based on a network of experts from the 3 partner countries helping SME tourist accommodation establishments identify and analyse the most suitable eco-innovative solutions addressing their specific needs in terms of energy and water efficiency.
- • 30 innovation vouchers providing SME tourist accommodation establishments based in one of the eligible territories with consultancy services in view of fostering their adoption of innovative solutions.  ;
- Direct financial support in the form of 8 sub-grants up to €50,000with the aim to finance the installation of innovative solutions for energy and water management in SME tourist accommodation establishments.
- Training on pitching and fund raising for start-ups in the field of eco-innovation in water and energy management.
The GREENinMED project plans to support globally about 150 Mediterranean SMEs.
Summary of the GreenInMed project – Support proposed by Capenergies
- Transnational GREENinMED workshop in Nice, France, on energy and water management in the tourism industry after the COVID-19 crisis
- GREENinMED study visit exploring Innovative green planning and development in Nice, France
- Benchmark of solutions for energy and water savings produced by the project partners for tourist accommodations:
- Summary of the event organized in France dedicated to water and energy management solutions for tourist accommodation in the Mediterranean region : https://www.capenergies.fr/en/greeninmed-summary-of-the-event-dedicated-to-water-and-energy-management-solutions-for-tourist-accommodation-in-the-mediterranean-region/
GreeninMed Project information pills
- Pill WIT Energy Management Technology
- UV disinfection
- Ultrafiltration of swimming pool water
- The importance of the Public-Private collaboration
- Rack Conveyor Dishwashers
- Pressure control valves for Leaks Minimization Water saver
- Mico wind turbine – Pill
- Hydrosense device
- Hybrid Solar Panels
- Greywater treatment by living wall and green systems
- Green transition investments expected in Spain
- Cooling tower water
- Energy storage as a service
- WECO Ecological Toilet
- Capenergies (FRANCE) – Enrico Mazzon :
- Cámara de España (ESPAGNE) – Carmen Ayllón :
- IsWA (ISRAEL) – Avraham Israeli :
- KINNERET (ISRAEL) – Ram Shpiner :
- ARAVA (ISRAEL) – Clive Lipchin :
 Eligible territories: Andalusia, Murcia, Valencian Community, Catalonia and Balearic Islands for Spain, Region South of France (PACA) and Corsica for France, Israel.
 The grant is subject to a co-financing of at least 10% of the project beneficiary.